Skip to content
- Chip off any dried or crusty material on the shoes.
- Remove laces, inserts, and any other removable parts.
- Mix a solution of gentle detergent, such as Ivory Snow, and warm water. Use a terrycloth towel dipped in this solution to clean the smooth rubber parts and soles of the shoes.
- Using the same solution, go over every inch of each shoe with an old toothbrush.
- Blot away water and detergent as you go with another clean, dry towel.
- Use a damp towel to rinse the canvas.
- If the shoes are white, dip the toothbrush in white vinegar and lemon juice and scrub it again. Do not use bleach—it may react with the canvas and turn yellow.
- Air dry in the sun or tumble dry on low heat.